Perfectly paired with Sally’s Hill Merlot.
- 1 cooked ham leg, 5-6kg
- 3 tablespoons pear & ginger chutney
- 3 tablespoons white peach & raspberry jam
- juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees (180 degrees fan forced).
- Skin the ham, being very careful to just remove the skin and leave the fat on the leg.
- Combine jam, chutney and orange juice in a small saucepan and heat gently until jam and chutney are melted.
- Line a very large baking dish with baking paper, place the ham in the dish and then pour 1 x 250ml cup water into the bottom of the dish. Paint the fat well with the glaze.
- Cook for approx 40 – 60 mins, basting the ham with the glaze every 10 minutes until the ham is well glazed and golden.
Chutney and jam can be substituted for any that you have on hand. Recipe from Sally’s Paddock and the Long Track Pantry.