Perfectly paired with Summerfield’s BB Sparkling Shiraz.
Pressure Cooked Lamb
- 800 grams Lamb Shoulder
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup Summerfield Shiraz
- 1 brown onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Hellenic Republic Cypriot Grain Salad
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup freekah quinoa
- 1/2 cup puy lentils
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded, to serve
- 1 cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place lamb ingredients into pressure cooker and cook so that the lamb can be pulled apart.
- Blanch freekah and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked.
- Drain well and allow to cool.
- Mix the yoghurt, ground cumin and honey until combined.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, freekah, lentils, toasted nuts, capers, currants, lemon juice and olive oil. Mix well and season to taste.
- Place into serving dish and top with cumin yoghurt, pomegranate seeds and 100g pressure cooked lamb.
- Don’t forget to pair with a glass of Summerfield BB Sparkling Shiraz.